Posted on 11/16/2011, by Jeremy Edsall
You Had An Auto Accident, Now What?
You've had an auto accident, now what?
Two women exchange insurance information after an auto accident.
Auto Policy #_________________________________
Insurance Claims Phone #______________________
Inthe event of an accident:
1. Report the accident to the police.
2. Obtain information about the other people involved in the accident such as:
Names, addresses, and phone numbers;
Type of vehicle; and
Auto and drivers license numbers.
Take photos if possible.
3. Have your vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop if the vehicle is not drivable. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
4. Call your insurance agent to report the accident.
Inthe event of a windshield, vandalism, or theft loss:
1. Report the vandalism loss or theft to the police.
2. Call your insurance agent to report a loss.
After your insurance agent reports the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:
1. Contact you to request details of the accident and repair estimates.
2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect the damages of vehicles that are not drivable or extensively damaged.
3. Contact you for a settlement.
4. Deal directly with the others involved in the accident.
You should not talk to others involved in the accident, but refer them to your claims adjuster.
PRINT A COPY AND KEEP IN YOUR GLOVE BOX IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
« Previous Entry All Entries Next Entry »